Smart Health and Internet of Medical Things
Paper submission deadline: March 22, 2021
Paper acceptance notification: April 13, 2021
Camera-ready submission: April 30, 2021
|Download the Call for Papers|
Continuous improvement of cost-effective healthcare and patient treatment is by far the top national interest worldwide. The proliferation, versatility, and agility of medical devices have revolutionized healthcare and contributed to the new smart Health (sHealth) 4.0 era of internet of medical things (IoMT). Broadly speaking, these IoMT devices include wearable, miniaturized, or implantable sensors that can be efficiently used for patient monitoring. The recent pandemic has also triggered the need for new solutions and systems for smart and secure remote patient monitoring, and medical data exchange across multiple healthcare entities to help combat the outbreak.
During this special session, we will shed some light on cutting-edge & interdisciplinary research, and commercial solutions in the field of sHealth and IoMT. We discuss emerging technologies and issues in this field, such as Artificial Intelligent AI-based, machine learning, and edge computing techniques to address various key design aspects of the IoMT devices and healthcare systems, such as energy efficiency, communications, hardware design, and security and privacy. We also discuss emerging application frameworks such as mobile/smart health, and Blockchain for health systems, integrating multiple entities for secure medical data exchange.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative and secure healthcare architectures for combating pandemics.
- Pervasive and distributed AI techniques for efficient sHealth systems.
- Reinforcement learning (RL) for optimal sHealth systems performance.
- Federaged learning (FL)-based architectures and solutions for global detection of sHealth issues.
- IoMT devices’ energy efficient design and development.
- IoMT-enabled energy efficient communication for smart monitoring.
- Edge and fog computing for IoMT-enabled systems and applications.
- sHealth systems using Blockchain for secure medical data exchange.
- sHealth security and privacy
Paper Submission Guidelines
All final submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper length of six (6) printed pages see web conference for instructions. Papers must be submitted through https://epapers.org/wf-iot2021/ESR/login.php. See conference web page for instructions:
Special Session Chairs:
- Amr Mohamed, Qatar University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aiman Erbad, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, email@example.com
- Mohsen Guizani, Qatar University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Program Committee:
- Ahmed Refaey, Manhattan College, New Jersey, email@example.com
- Heena Rathore, University of Texas in San Antonio, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abd-Elhamid Taha, Alfaisal University, email@example.com
- Emna Baccour, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alaa Awad, Qatar University, email@example.com
- TianLe Mai, University of Posts and Telecomm., Beijing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suleman Khan, Northumbria university, email@example.com
- IKRAM UDDIN, The University of Haripur, Pakistan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Houbing Song, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Houbing.Song@erau.edu
- Boubakr Nour, Univ of Sherbrooke email@example.com